Get on the path to results today.
I provide the following legal assistance:
Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
I am a licensed attorney and the owner and founder of the Law Office of Elizabeth Lockett, PLLC. For most of my legal career, I have been a public servant, working for the Harris County Housing Authority in 2009 as a Disaster Housing Assistance Program Consultant and working for Lone Star Legal Aid from 2009 to 2018 as a foreclosure prevention attorney, focusing on residential real estate law, landlord/tenant law, probate law and estate planning, title clearing and title research, general civil litigation, and consumer bankruptcy.
2010 - United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern District of Texas
2008 - State Bar of Texas
2008 - The University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctor
2005 - Rice University, BA in Sociology and Law and Justice Policy Studies
State Bar of Texas
· 2018 Poverty Law Conference, “House”keeping for Title: Homeownership Issues for Repair/Replacement During A Disaster, co-presented with Michael Rush and Patricia Tsai, Austin, TX, Sep. 5, 2018
· 2018 Poverty Law Conference, How Law Students Can HELP, not Hinder, Your Practice, co-presented with Adriana Leal and Pable Almaguer, Austin, TX, Sep. 4, 2018
· 2016 Poverty Law Conference, Title, Probate, Property Tax Foreclosure Basics: How to Prevent the Insidious Takeover of the Indigent Homeowner’s Home, co-presented with Silvia Tiller and Ashley Vignaud Marshall, Austin, TX, Apr. 29, 2016
· 2013 Poverty Law Conference, Updates on the Homeowners’ Fight Against Property Owners’ Associations, co-presented with Thai-Anh Nguyen and David Kahne, Austin, TX, Apr. 5, 2013
· Housing and Consumer Task Force’s Quarterly Meeting, The pre-foreclosure requirements for FHA, VA, RHS, and HOA foreclosures, and using litigation to block non-complying foreclosure sales, Austin, TX, Feb. 3, 2012
· Housing and Consumer Task Force’s Quarterly Meeting, Using HAMP to Build Your Case, Fort Worth, TX, Oct. 22, 2010
Houston/Harris County Organizations
· Fundamentals of Serving as an Attorney Ad Litem, AAL’s Tax Court Duties and Affidavit Requirements, Houston, TX, Sep. 28, 2018
· Night Court: Clash of the Counselors, Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Houston, TX, Aug. 11, 2018
· Night Court: Texas Law and Order, Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Houston, TX, Aug. 17, 2016
· Night Court: Lawyer Mania, , Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Houston, TX, Aug. 19, 2015
· Houston Intellectual Property Law Association and the University of Houston Law Center’s Institute for Intellectual Property & Information Law’s 28th Annual Institute on Intellectual Property Law, Night Court (Ethics): Law of Ages Feel the Energy, , Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Galveston, TX, Oct. 6, 2012
· Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc., Viva Laws Vegas, , Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Houston, TX, Feb. 17, 2012
Lone Star Legal Aid
· Remembering Our Veterans CLE for Lawyers Serving Veterans, Understanding Foreclosure, Texas City, TX, Apr. 27, 2012
· Foreclosure Loss Mitigation and HAMP Training, Houston, TX, May 13, 2011
Law and Society Association
· Annual Meeting, Burden of Proof, Burden of Wrongful Conviction, Las Vegas, NV, June 3, 2005
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site or communicating with the Law Office of Elizabeth Lockett, PLLC, through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising.
Copyright © 2018 Law Office of Elizabeth Lockett, PLLC - All Rights Reserved.