Get on the path to results today.
Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
At the Law Office of Elizabeth Lockett, PLLC, I am dedicated to understanding what results you want and to helping you understand what actions I can take on your behalf. I will work with you every step of the way to make sure that you understand the choices you are making and feel empowered to make them.
I am a licensed attorney and the owner and founder of the Law Office of Elizabeth Lockett, PLLC. For most of my legal career, I have been a public servant, working for the Harris County Housing Authority in 2009 as a Disaster Housing Assistance Program Consultant and working for Lone Star Legal Aid from 2009 to 2018 as a foreclosure prevention attorney, focusing on residential real estate law, landlord/tenant law, probate law and estate planning, title clearing and title research, general civil litigation, and consumer bankruptcy.
2010 - United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern District of Texas
2008 - State Bar of Texas
2008 - The University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctor
2005 - Rice University, BA in Sociology and Law and Justice Policy Studies
State Bar of Texas
· 2018 Poverty Law Conference, “House”keeping for Title: Homeownership Issues for Repair/Replacement During A Disaster, co-presented with Michael Rush and Patricia Tsai, Austin, TX, Sep. 5, 2018
· 2018 Poverty Law Conference, How Law Students Can HELP, not Hinder, Your Practice, co-presented with Adriana Leal and Pable Almaguer, Austin, TX, Sep. 4, 2018
· 2016 Poverty Law Conference, Title, Probate, Property Tax Foreclosure Basics: How to Prevent the Insidious Takeover of the Indigent Homeowner’s Home, co-presented with Silvia Tiller and Ashley Vignaud Marshall, Austin, TX, Apr. 29, 2016
· 2013 Poverty Law Conference, Updates on the Homeowners’ Fight Against Property Owners’ Associations, co-presented with Thai-Anh Nguyen and David Kahne, Austin, TX, Apr. 5, 2013
· Housing and Consumer Task Force’s Quarterly Meeting, The pre-foreclosure requirements for FHA, VA, RHS, and HOA foreclosures, and using litigation to block non-complying foreclosure sales, Austin, TX, Feb. 3, 2012
· Housing and Consumer Task Force’s Quarterly Meeting, Using HAMP to Build Your Case, Fort Worth, TX, Oct. 22, 2010
Houston/Harris County Organizations
· Fundamentals of Serving as an Attorney Ad Litem, AAL’s Tax Court Duties and Affidavit Requirements, Houston, TX, Sep. 28, 2018
· Night Court: Clash of the Counselors, Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Houston, TX, Aug. 11, 2018
· Night Court: Texas Law and Order, Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Houston, TX, Aug. 17, 2016
· Night Court: Lawyer Mania, , Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Houston, TX, Aug. 19, 2015
· Houston Intellectual Property Law Association and the University of Houston Law Center’s Institute for Intellectual Property & Information Law’s 28th Annual Institute on Intellectual Property Law, Night Court (Ethics): Law of Ages Feel the Energy, , Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Galveston, TX, Oct. 6, 2012
· Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc., Viva Laws Vegas, , Co-Presenter with the Night Court Cast, Houston, TX, Feb. 17, 2012
Lone Star Legal Aid
· Remembering Our Veterans CLE for Lawyers Serving Veterans, Understanding Foreclosure, Texas City, TX, Apr. 27, 2012
· Foreclosure Loss Mitigation and HAMP Training, Houston, TX, May 13, 2011
Law and Society Association
· Annual Meeting, Burden of Proof, Burden of Wrongful Conviction, Las Vegas, NV, June 3, 2005